Safer streets through restriping
In addition to a making for a smoother ride, resurfacing and restriping roads helps encourage safer use of the city's streets.
Starting the week of Sept. 13 and for the next several weeks, crews are working on Carlsbad Village Drive, from just east of the I-5 to College Boulevard and on Tamarack from Highland Drive east to Carlsbad Village Drive. Please keep an eye out for workers and look for digital message boards alerting you to potential delays.
- The work on major east-west roadways is one of dozens of projects approved or expedited by the City Council during the city's traffic safety emergency.
- Speeding is the number one cause of injury collisions in Carlsbad.
- Research shows that narrowing vehicle lanes causes drivers to slow down.
- When the city completes all east-west roadways, about 16 miles of streets will be repaved and restriped to enhance safety for drivers, bikers and walkers.
If you need to use these roads during construction, please:
- Leave early and give yourself plenty of time to get where you need to go.
- Watch for traffic warning signs alerting you of roadway activities and what to do.
- Slow down in construction zones and follow the instructions of the roadway workers and signs.
- Share the road when bike lanes are impacted.