Most city documents are public records, meaning you can look at them and request copies. Some records are exempt from disclosure because they are considered confidential or privileged. Rules about records can be found in the Public Records Act.
- Many city records are available online, including contracts, reports, resolutions and meeting minutes.
- If you submit a request, the city, in accordance with Government Code Section 6256, has 10 days to respond.
- This response must indicate whether or not the documents exist and can be made available.
- Please include as much detail as possible when requesting records.
- If you are unsure about what records might exist, give us a call, and we'd be happy to help you narrow down your search.