Carlsbad, CAHome Menu
The City of Carlsbad is committed to strategically invest in improving connectivity for its residents, businesses and visitors. As a connected city, Carlsbad is using information and communication technologies to increase efficiency, communication, transparency and the overall quality of government service.
Carlsbad recognizes that the ever-increasing connectivity and integration of technologies demands a more unified approach, guided by a common understanding of needs and priorities.
Connected Carlsbad: An Inclusive City Innovation Roadmap is designed to provide a high-level, organized guide to the principles that matter to the city and the public in creating a more connected community.
Connected Carlsbad was originally introduced in April 2019, and since then, internal and external input has shaped the roadmap’s goal into five primary areas:
- Pursue Community wide Digital Transformation
- Build Capacity for Data-Driven Decision Making
- Foster a Vibrant Civic Engagement Culture
- Enhance Accessibility and Transparency
- Promote Security and Sustainability through Connectivity
Within these areas, the city has a history of using technology and data to create a connected community, improve decision-making and the lives of residents. Given what has been accomplished to date and the Connected Carlsbad initiatives that are in progress or planned for the future, examples of Carlsbad’s online services include:
- Staff report: A strategic approach to citywide digital transformation
- Staff report: Connected Carlsbad: An Inclusive City Innovation Roadmap
- Connected Carlsbad online survey results
- Staff report: Approval of agreements to create a digital information network in partnership with a fiber-optic infrastructure provider
- Staff report: Update on the city’s digital information network
- Staff report: Connected Carlsbad: An Inclusive Smart Community Roadmap