The City of Carlsbad is committed to strategically invest in improving connectivity for its residents, businesses and visitors. As a connected city, Carlsbad is using information and communication technologies to increase efficiency, communication, transparency and the overall quality of government service.
Carlsbad recognizes that the ever-increasing connectivity and integration of technologies demands a more unified approach, guided by a common understanding of needs and priorities.
Connected Carlsbad: An Inclusive City Innovation Roadmap is designed to provide a high-level, organized guide to the principles that matter to the city and the public in creating a more connected community.
Connected Carlsbad was originally introduced in April 2019, and since then, internal and external input has shaped the roadmap’s goal into five primary areas:
- Pursue Community wide Digital Transformation
- Build Capacity for Data-Driven Decision Making
- Foster a Vibrant Civic Engagement Culture
- Enhance Accessibility and Transparency
- Promote Security and Sustainability through Connectivity
Within these areas, the city has a history of using technology and data to create a connected community, improve decision-making and the lives of residents. Given what has been accomplished to date and the Connected Carlsbad initiatives that are in progress or planned for the future.
- Staff report: A strategic approach to citywide digital transformation
- Staff report: Connected Carlsbad: An Inclusive City Innovation Roadmap
- Connected Carlsbad online survey results
- Staff report: Approval of agreements to create a digital information network in partnership with a fiber-optic infrastructure provider
- Staff report: Update on the city’s digital information network
- Staff report: Connected Carlsbad: An Inclusive Smart Community Roadmap