Unclaimed Monies

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Unclaimed monies are payments issued by the city, that are not cashed within six months after the date of issue. The treasurer of the City of Carlsbad holds these payments, which are not the property of the city, for three years after the date of issue. After that time, pursuant to state of California government code section 50050, the city is required to publish a public notice listing these unclaimed amounts, which are three or more years past their issue date.

The website is updated with a report every six months on the following approximate dates: January 31 and July 31. Unclaimed checks can be requested by completing and submitting the Request for Unclaimed Monies form.

A legal ad is placed once a year to notify the public of unclaimed monies.


To learn more about unclaimed monies, please contact the City of Carlsbad's Treasurer's Office by emailing treasury@carlsbadca.gov or calling 442-339-5346.