Carlsbad, CAHome Menu
Grants & Assistance
The City of Carlsbad offers a wide variety of grants and assistance programs, from supporting the arts to providing help with affordable housing.
- COVID-19 relief and resources
- The Carlsbad Library and Arts Foundation has an endowment fund to support programming the Ruby G. Schulman Auditorium at the Carlsbad City Library.
- Community activity grants support programs than enhance the quality of life for city residents.
- Community arts grants help city arts organizations, artists, and community and educational groups provide cultural and artistic opportunities for city residents.
- Community Development Block Grants, also referred to as CDBG grants, provide grants to cities and counties to develop viable urban communities through the provision of decent housing, a suitable living environment and by expanding economic opportunities for low and moderate income persons.
- Housing grants and loans offered through the state and federal government help with down payments, minor home repairs and more.
- Opportunity grants provides access to recreation programs for families that may not otherwise be able to afford it.
- Special events grants support special events of citywide interest.
- Winning team grants provide funding for youth teams to offset the cost of travel expenses to national competitions.
- Agricultural mitigation fee grants support certain agricultural, coastal or wetland restoration projects that enhance quality of life in Carlsbad.