Carlsbad, CAHome Menu
The city’s internal auditor performs independent and objective audit engagements designed to safeguard city resources and improve city operations. Internal audits accomplish this by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and recommending improvements to the effectiveness of risk management, controls and governance processes. Council Policy No. 89 establishes the internal audit framework that sets forth the qualifications, duties, and powers of the city’s internal auditor.
Audit Engagements & Reports
The internal auditor develops and performs work based on a flexible annual audit plan submitted to the City Council for review and approval each year. Audit reports linked below are distributed to city management and the City Council and are available to the public.
Fiscal Year 2022-23
- Fiscal Year 2022-23 Internal Audit Plan
- Implementation: Fraud and Ethics Hotline
Fiscal Year 2021-22
- Fiscal Year 2021-22 Internal Audit Plan
- Code Enforcement Audit
- Fraud and Ethics Hotline Assessment
Fiscal Year 2020-21
Fiscal Year 2019-20
- Fiscal Year 2019-20 Internal Audit Plan
- August 2019 Citywide Cash Count
- The Crossings at Carlsbad Golf Course
- Transient Occupancy Tax Compliance Audits
City Council Meetings
The internal auditor communicates results of audit activities and progress on the annual audit plan at least twice a year to the City Council. Please visit the link below to view the most recent internal audit presentation to the City Council.
- August 16, 2022 - Fiscal Year 2022-23 Internal Audit Plan and Update on Audit Activities