Carlsbad, CAHome Menu
Privacy and Security Statement
The City of Carlsbad's website is an essential tool for communicating information about the city, providing services, and encouraging citizen participation in City government.
The City of Carlsbad ("City") is committed to protecting the privacy of the individuals utilizing the City's website; however, personal information submitted to the City's website may be subject to disclosure pursuant to various California laws, including, but not limited to, the California Civil Discovery Act of 1986 and the California Public Records Act. The City may share such information with other agencies if: (1) the information relates to that agency; (2) to protect the interests of others; (3) to protect and defend the rights or property of the City; or (4) as otherwise provided by law.
The City's website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that the City is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the City's website.
The City of Carlsbad does not use its website to:
- Collect personal information for commercial marketing. The City will not send you unsolicited email regarding any commercial offers or advertisements at any time.
- Create individual profiles with the information provided by users of this site, nor does it give such personal information to third parties or private organizations. The City does not track personal information about individuals and their visits.
The City of Carlsbad does use its website to:
- Collect personal information for the purpose of responding to a user's request or input, or to complete an online transaction. If a user chooses to provide the City with personal information, such as sending an email to a City employee or by filling out and submitting an online form located on the City's website, the City may use that information to respond to the user's message and to assist in obtaining information the user may have requested. The City treats emails submitted by a user the same way it treats letters to the City.
- Provide electronic commerce capabilities, should a user provide any personal information and/or payment information while using the City's website. Such information may be collected, processed and disclosed to complete an online transaction and for record-keeping for such activities as billing, permits, licenses and other business-related purposes.
- Collect usage statistics for site management, such as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance issues. The information does not identify you personally. The following information about your visit is collected:
- The Internet domain and/or IP address from which you access the City's website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the City's website;
- The date and time of the visit;
- The pages visited; and
- If you link to the City's website from another website, the address of that website.
The City website utilizes encryption technology, however, the user should not assume that information submitted to the City Web server would be treated as confidential (See above Privacy Statement). If a user submits information to the City's server through a web page containing visible indicators of active encryption technology, the City will take all reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of such information.
By using the City's website, user agrees to indemnify or hold harmless the City of Carlsbad for any occurrence resulting from an act of user's use of the City's website. The City will take all reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of user information, but is not liable for any injury caused by the disclosure of that information, whether caused by security breach, accident, inadvertence, or any other act resulting in disclosure.
Who To Contact
Questions about this Privacy and Security Statement should be directed to Clerk@CarlsbadCA.Gov.