The City of Carlsbad is committed to making this website accessible to all users, including those with disabilities and other special needs. We strive to conform at a minimum with:
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act as amended by Congress in 1998.
- WCAG 2.0 Level A success criteria.
The following is a summary of WCAG 2.0's goals, adapted from the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Accessibility Initiative, which state that a website should:
- Provide text alternatives for non-text content.
- Provide captions and other alternatives for multimedia where feasible.
- Provide content that can be presented in different ways, including by assistive technologies, without losing meaning.
- Make it easier for users to see and hear content.
- Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- Give users enough time to read and use content.
- Not use content that causes seizures.
- Help users navigate and find content.
- Make text readable and understandable.
- Make content appear and operate in predictable ways.
- Help users avoid and correct mistakes.
- Maximize compatibility with current and future user tools.
The City of Carlsbad is committed to meeting these accessibility requirement as outlined. Staff regularly reviews the site for accessibility issues and updates this statement periodically in response to the ongoing evolution of accessibility tools, techniques, needs and requirements.
If we become aware of nonconformance on our site, we will update the content, with reasonable swiftness, a level of access that conforms to WCAG 2.0 Level A success criteria, or remove the nonconforming content from the site.