Utility Billing

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Empty heading

Water & sewer billing

The City of Carlsbad is served by three water districts. To determine if your property is located in the Carlsbad Municipal Water District or another district, view the water district map.

For properties located within Carlsbad Municipal Water District, contact the utility billing department at 442-339-2420 for utility service sign-ups, disconnects, installation and payment arrangements. Online self-service is currently not available to start/stop service.

For properties in the southern portion of the city, contact either the Olivenhain Municipal Water District, Leucadia Wastewater District or Vallecitos Water District (water and sewer) for utility service sign-ups, disconnects, installations and/or payment arrangements.

Important Notice: As of Jan. 1, 2022, the City of Carlsbad will resume late fees and shut offs for non-payment. Please refer to the COVID-19 Information section below for more information. For questions on how to make a payment, please refer to the Payments section below. 

Questions about your bill? Please call 442-339-2420 or email utilitybilling@carlsbadca.gov.

Trash & recycling billing 

As of July 1, Republic Services will bill directly for all residential, multifamily, commercial, and industrial trash and recycling services. The City of Carlsbad will no longer bill residential trash service through their utility billing. 

Contact Republic Services for questions about trash and recycling billing at 760-332-6464 or carlsbadservice@republicservices.com.

Because Waste Management billed at the end of the service period and Republic bills at the start of the service period, some residents may receive two bills in one month when they receive their first bill from Republic. However, the bills will not be for the same service period.

See rates.

Find out more about the new service.

Requesting a service suspension
To request a service suspension, please contact the Sustainable Materials Management Division and submit an application for review.

Sustainable Materials Management Division