Carlsbad, CAHome Menu
EGGstravaganza Spring Festival
The City of Carlsbad’s popular EGGstravaganza Spring Festival returns.
This annual spring event features
- Carlsbad’s largest egg hunt, an ongoing egg scramble where kids race to collect candy-filled eggs
- Face-painting, crafts, cookie decorating, a fun zone, soak the bunny and more
- Food and beverages are available for purchase
- Activity cards can be purchased in advance or at the event, to enjoy the activities and fun zone
- No registration is needed to attend this event
How the egg scramble works
The egg scramble is ongoing from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. or until eggs run out. To keep the scramble fun for all ages, one field will be designated for children ages 6 and over who want to race for their eggs, and an identical one will be for children ages 5 and under. There is also a noncompetitive field for young children, children with special needs, and for families wanting to pose for a photo opportunity.
To avoid lines during the event, $5 activity cards and $5 unlimited fun zone wrist bands can be purchased in advance at city community centers. The cards can be divided among multiple children for all the activities; however, wristbands are per person. Both can be purchased at these locations Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
- Calavera Hills Community Center, 2997 Glasgow Drive
- Harding Community Center, 3096 Harding St.
- Stagecoach Community Center, 3420 Camino de los Coches
- Alga Norte Aquatics Center, 6565 Alicante Road
- Pine Avenue Community Center, 3209 Harding St.
Event may modify or cancel due to inclement weather.
Thank you to our event sponsor: